- Queensland owned company – Ranbury was established and proudly remains a Queensland owned company with our head office located in Brisbane. We have a track record of regional project delivery and have established offices in Mackay and Townsville to help service projects in North and Central Queensland. We also have offices in Sydney and Melbourne to support project delivery in New South Wales and Victoria.
- Brownfield hospital track record – Management of hospital projects on existing facilities which are required to remain operational demands the next level of experience and rigour. Ranbury has a track record of planning and delivering major capital upgrade projects in operational environments both in Southeast Queensland and in regional centres. Current and recent major projects in Queensland include Caboolture Hospital Redevelopment, Logan Hospital Redevelopment, Hervey Bay Hospital, Cairns Hospital Redevelopment, Mackay Hospital Redevelopment and Nambour Hospital Redevelopment.
- Regional hospital experience – The planning and delivery of regional capital projects often requires an extra level of management to address trade, supplier and material challenges. Regional hospital projects require another level of management experience and expertise as trade and supply chains are stretched to service the quantum of these projects and the extra quality and complexity of the product. Ranbury has delivered numerous projects throughout Queensland and has invested in regional offices staffed with health project experience in order to support these projects.
- Managing Contractor – This form of contract has been utilised on most of the major hospital projects. Ranbury has current experience on the managing contracts for Caboolture and Logan Hospital Redevelopments as well as Canberra Hospital Expansion Project.
- Large Delivery Team – Ranbury’s health delivery team has continued to grow over many years, enabling us to undertake multiple projects in Qld as well as in NSW and ACT. Our team is one of the largest delivery firms in the state with health delivery experience spanning the roles of leadership, project management, design management, project controls, contract administration and operational commissioning. In addition, Ranbury has subject matter experts appointed to each of these workstreams with responsibility to focus on consistency of service for each workstream.
- Delivery Phase – Subject Matter Experts – Our delivery teams are tailored to each project opportunity. However, our health team is structured to include senior professionals who have developed expertise over multiple projects in the key workstreams required for project delivery. These include:
- Project Leadership
- Project Management
- Design Management
- Project Controls – schedule, risk, reporting, benefits realisation
- Contract Administration – Principal’s Representative, Superintendent, Site Administration
- Operational Commissioning
- Major Projects > $1bn – Project delivery of major projects such as hospitals requires demonstrated experience with Tier 1 Contractors, large design consultants as well as the financial capacity to support long term projects with significant cost structures. Ranbury has delivered and is currently involved with multiple projects exceeding $1bn in project value and has successfully worked with Tier 1 contractors across numerous industry sectors.
RELEVANT PROJECT EXPERIENCE
Caboolture Hospital Redevelopment – $399.5m – Brownfield/Managing Contractor
Ranbury was engaged in late 2019 to undertake Project Management, Project Controls including programming/risk/reporting, and act as the Principal’s Representative and Site Representative on the hospital redevelopment which is currently under construction.
The redevelopment includes the construction of new facilities and refurbishment of spaces within the existing hospital, covering an overall floor area of approximately 32,000sqm. The new five-storey Clinical Services Building and the new multi-storey carpark will be built at the front of the hospital and will occupy the space currently used for public parking.
Canberra Hospital Expansion Project – $500m+ – Brownfield/Managing Contractor with ECI
The project will deliver a modern emergency, surgical and critical healthcare facility on the existing hospital campus. The expansion represents the largest healthcare infrastructure project ever undertaken by the ACT Government, and will deliver increased capacity across adult intensive care, pediatric intensive care, surgical, coronary care and emergency services. Ranbury is engaged as client-side Design Manager as well as Project Controls including master programming and risk.
Logan Hospital Expansion Project – $460m – Brownfield/Managing Contractor + D&C + Construct Only
The expansion project consists of 206 additional beds and treatment spaces, upgraded maternity and birthing suites, four new floors in a vertical expansion, refurbishment of existing buildings and a new eight level undercover carpark. The project has been divided into three separate contracts for delivery of different areas of work. As part of the redevelopment, Ranbury has provided master programming, procurement management, Principal’s Representative and Site Representative services.
Cairns Hospital Redevelopment – $507m – Brownfield/Managing Contractor
Ranbury was engaged to replace an incumbent project manager to resolve outstanding issues relating to previous completed works, and to carry out the remaining scope of works for Stage Three of the hospital refurbishment.
Ranbury provided Project Management, Project Controls including programming/risk/reporting, and acted as the Principal’s Representative and Site Representative across the stage of works.
Mackay Base Hospital Redevelopment – $408m – Brownfield/Managing Contractor
Ranbury was engaged to provide Project Management, Project Controls including programming/risk/reporting, and act as the Principal’s Representative and Site Representative.
Our health team successfully delivered the Mackay Base Hospital Redevelopment, which has completely transformed the former hospital into a state of the art, technology-enabled (fully wireless), environmentally responsible facility. It has provided the local community with access to clinical excellence and a greater range of health services, which mitigates a reliance on the referral of patients to Townsville or Brisbane.
Nambour Hospital Redevelopment – $190m – Brownfield/Managing Contractor
Ranbury provided Project Management, Project Controls including programming/risk/reporting, and acted as the Principal’s Representative and Site Representative. This project triumphed over substantial complexities to ensure uninterrupted health service delivery across two of four public hospitals, despite both sites undergoing simultaneous and sequentially-dependent construction works. Through the power of teamwork and collaboration, Caloundra Health Service and Nambour Hospital have been redeveloped, restructuring health services to meet and future-proof spiraling demand. Delivered over 5 years, completed ahead of schedule and over 10% below budget – additional scope notwithstanding – the experience readied the region to undertake one of Australia’s biggest hospital building projects, the $2B+ Sunshine Coast University Hospital.
Hervey Bay Hospital Emergency Department – $44m – Brownfield/Construct Only
Ranbury was engaged by the Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service (WBHHS) as Project Manager, Programmer and Superintendent’s Representative.
The development included a new three-storey building to accommodate a new Emergency Department on the ground floor, CDU and Education on Level 1, and shell space on Level 2 for a planned intensive care unit and medical ward. The siting of this building required an early works package including relocation of the helipad and civil works for car parking and roadworks.