Project management is our core capability. We apply project management rigour to everything we do, supported by our Project Management Office (PMO). We follow the Australian Institute of Project Management’s PMBOK coupled with project assurance by our PMO to facilitate consistent, best-practice services for the benefit of our clients. This capability is central to the successful delivery of our clients’ capital works projects and programs.
- Project management The delivery of successful projects is typically traced back to the project definition stage. We work with our clients at the outset to develop a sufficiently defined brief validated as achievable against a developed cost plan and schedule. In addition, early client sign-off of a project plan and controls is essential to guide project development, decision-making, and approvals.
- Program management Program management is much more than the project management of multiple projects. The successful delivery of a program of smaller projects can be often more complex than a single mega-project. We realise benefits for our clients through developing a program approach to project prioritisation, contingency management, resourcing, procurement, and standardisation (processes, reporting, and design).
- Superintendency Our effectiveness as Superintendent (and Superintendent’s Representative) is recognised by client and contractor sides of industry, supported by extensive construction and contract knowledge, and earnt by acting firmly and fairly. Typically, we act as Superintendent on Construct Only and Design & Construct forms of contract.
- Contract administration Contract management and administration services are tailored to suit our clients’ requirements and the project procurement strategy. Our experience across PPP, alliance, EPC/M, Managing Contractor, and Construction Management is supported by contract templates and tools.
- Construction management Construction management capability is an important part of our project management teams. Our construction managers typically have a contractor-side background, enabling us to value-add to buildability and whole of life elements.
- Design management Our design managers are architects, engineers or quantity surveyors who add value by challenging design teams for optimum solutions. Effective scope management is paramount in enabling the development of the design within the cost plan elements and schedule WBS.
- Site supervision and project support The risk profile or geographic location of the project often demands the project management team to have a construction site presence through the deployment of a Clerk of Works / Site or Project Engineer / Principal’s Supervisor. We provide this level of service through our regional network of personnel.
- Stakeholder management The key challenge in the delivery of capital projects is effective stakeholder engagement and management. We understand that it is essential that there be strong and open communication at all levels of the project delivery process including all internal client stakeholders and external stakeholders.