Programming services for major Canberra health infrastructure
The Canberra Hospital Expansion Project will deliver a modern emergency, surgical and critical healthcare facility on the Canberra Hospital campus. In excess of $500M, the project is the largest healthcare infrastructure project ever undertaken by the ACT Government, and will deliver increased capacity across Canberra Hospital’s adult intensive care, paediatric intensive care, surgical, coronary care and emergency services. The proposed upgrade includes:
- Integrated radiology and medical imaging facilities
- 10-bed short-stay Mental Health Unit
- 148 inpatient beds
- 22 operating theatres
- 39 additional emergency department treatment spaces
- Helipad relocation improving access to the emergency department
- 55 day surgery beds
- Doubling of existing intensive care unit treatment spaces from 30 to 60
- 4 additional paediatric intensive care unit beds.
Ranbury was engaged by Major Projects Canberra to undertake the preparation of the Master Program for the project. Ranbury’s existing knowledge and understanding of major hospital project programs provided significant value to the client.
Construction is expected to begin in 2021 and the project is expected to begin operating in 2024.