One of our core strengths is providing independent cost estimating, ranging from “hard dollar” tender environments to developing budgets at all stages of the project life cycle from concept planning phase through to preliminary and final detailed design stages. All of our estimating processes are based on our ability to undertake “first principle” estimates across all disciplines.
- Cost estimating We develop accurate market-related cost estimates to provide clients with an informed decision making platform to ensure best value is maintained. Coupled with our extensive hands on contract and project management expertise, we balance cost, time and risk, to add value at every stage of the project lifecycle, from concept feasibility through to design, procurement, construction and operations.
- Cost planning In contrast to cost estimating, cost planning is a management process that sets out to control the design development in line with the client’s budget allocation. Ranbury’s core capabilities of project and cost management provides for a cost planning skill set in validating the client’s budget against their scope requirements at the outset of the project.
- Constructability advice Our construction expertise allows us to develop our estimates with constructability in mind. We believe that an accurate estimate must be based on how the job should be built to capture the true construction costs.
- Whole of life costings We can develop and evaluate operational and maintenance costs for a project or asset. This can assist our clients to identify the lowest whole-of-life project costs through the assessment, evaluation and selection of the optimum design solution.
- Risk modelling Our project experience, coupled with a structured and disciplined approach to risk management, provides us unique insight into risk identification and management. We specialise in risk quantification and modelling in developing detailed probabilistic risk adjusted cost estimates.
- Peer Review and benchmarking Ranbury is retained by Government and private sector clients to provide independent cost estimate and constructability reviews. Our cost estimating capability is supported by a significant data base of cost information which is regularly benchmarked to the market.
- Independent Estimator In an alliance situation, our clients value our truly independent advice. We have provided Independent Estimator and Project Advisor services on over 150 infrastructure alliances.
- Cost engineering & value management Value management can be used as a structured assurance tool at key milestones to confirm that the project function will in fact deliver best value for money as determined against the client’s baseline objectives. Value or cost engineering, sometimes confused as ‘cost-cutting’, ought to be a structured approach to enhancing value by eliminating unnecessary cost whilst maintaining function. Ranbury is experienced in providing independent value management facilitation services.