Project Management of new and refurbished hospital facilities
Ranbury was engaged in late 2019 to undertake project management, programming, and act as the Principal’s Representative on the Caboolture Hospital Redevelopment.
The Redevelopment includes the construction of new facilities and refurbishment of spaces within the existing hospital, covering an overall floor area of approximately 32,000sqm.
The new five-storey Clinical Services Building and the new multi-storey Car Park will be built at the front of the hospital. Both buildings will sit between the existing hospital and McKean Street and occupy the space currently used for public parking. Construction commenced mid-2020.
The project comprises:
- New and expanded Emergency Department
- A new Palliative Care Unit
- A new Geriatric Evaluation and Management Unit
- A new Medical Ward
- A new Intensive Care Unit
- Additional Operating Theatres and Stage One Recovery Spaces
- A new Cardiac Care Unit
- A new Chest Pain Assessment Unit and Medical Ward
- A mix of approximately 1,080 multi-story and at-grade parking spaces and electric vehicle charging bays
- Enhanced and expanded special care nursery
- Medical day stay unit
- Upgraded and expanded morgue
- Expanded medical records facility, pharmacy, and pathology
New main entry, café, and visitor lounge.
By 2031, the population of Caboolture and its surrounds is expected to grow by 51%. The Caboolture Hospital Expansion project is designed to ensure the hospital can respond to the current and future healthcare needs of the community.
Ranbury, as part of the Metro North Team, has worked with the Managing Contractor and its designers in progressing the Design Development to finalise a GCS Offer and will now continue to oversee the delivery of the project until Completion.