PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF A STAGED PROGRAM OF WORKS AT CAIRNS HOSPITAL
Ranbury was engaged by the client to replace an incumbent project manager to resolve outstanding issues relating to previous completed works, and to carry out the remaining scope of works for Stage Three of the hospital refurbishment.
Ranbury was engaged by Capital Asset Services (previously the Health Infrastructure Branch) to project manage a staged program of works at Cairns Hospital. The original refurbishment of the facility has a value of approximately $180 million.
Ranbury provided project management, programming, Site Representative and Principal Representative duties across the stage of works.
Along with managing the defects liability period, Ranbury was tasked with:
- Resolving ongoing issues associated with:
- Ongoing HV system modifications;
- Integrated Patient System (combined entertainment and clinical information system for patients) installation and customisation of software; and
- Mobile coverage for Block D and ultimate campus-wide solution (Distributed Antenna System – DAS).
The Cairns Hospital is the key health facility for a large geographical region with a population of around 300,000. Throughout the entire delivery of the redevelopment hospital services were able to continue as normal.
Ranbury also completed the full scope of remaining works for Stage Three, including:
- Block A: Ground Floor (MEH), and Levels 1 (Health Informatics) and 3 (Education);
- Block B: Ground Floor, Level 1 (SOPD), Level 2 (Paediatrics, including external playground area), Level 3 (Surgery), Level 4 (Allied Health), Level 5 East (Biomedical Technology Services), Level 5 West (Respiratory), Level 6 (Renal);
- Block C: Ground Floor (Anatomical Pathology, Medical Imaging Department, Support/Environmental Services), Level 1 (Centralised Sterile Supply Department and Perioperative area), Level 2 (Women’s Divisional Offices);
- External landscaping; and
- FF&E management.