RANBURY DELIVERS ANOTHER IMPORTANT INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT FOR BRISBANE
This facility is a backup Network Control Facility, Secondary Data Centre and major Integrated inner city substation for Energex.
Ranbury was engaged early 2011 to progress the commenced $25M Victoria Park Control Centre Redevelopment.
The challenge for Ranbury was to take on a novated design team to complete documentation and project delivery.
The project was placed on hold in 2012 following full documentation and recommenced as a Building Refurbishment Project in 2013. In mid-2014 it was re-documented and tendered with practical completion in January 2016.
“This complex building project had a multitude of design infrastructure and stakeholder complexities…”
The project was led by Carlo Martelli (Ranbury’s General Manager Building) from concept to construction completion within the clients budget and quality expectations. This complex building project had a multitude of design infrastructure and stakeholder complexities and encountered many challenges during construction including maintaining a key operational facility and substation. The project included full services infrastructure upgrades, a new standby generator and the utilisation of a fully cantilevered scaffolding system as a traditional system was not permitted in the substation.
Additional challenges included:
- Rebuilding the entire upper level over the existing, prior to its demolition to maintain a weather proof building.
- Coordination of major electrical supply shutdowns.
- Coordination of major mechanical services relocations and replacements.
- Staged removal of the existing communication towers and relocation of equipment to the new tower.
- Installation of a new lift through existing floor slab structures to service all floors.
The team from Ranbury were instrumental making this complex project a success over the design and construction phase in the capacity of client representative which spanned 2 years. It required professional negotiation and management skills, and Ranbury delivered.Stephen Ward
Property Operations Manager, Energex