RANBURY’S EMBEDDED TEAM ASSISTS QUEENSLAND RAIL TO DELIVER BRISBANE’S CITY TRAIN STATION UPGRADES
Road congestion is a continuing challenge for greater Brisbane. To counter this, Queensland Rail, in conjunction with TransLink, launched the City Train Station Upgrade Program (CSUP) as a rolling infrastructure improvement program focusing on above rail “station” infrastructure for the 146 rail stations on the South East Queensland network.
The improvements are designed to meet the needs of the 65 million passengers carried each year, and to encourage higher public take-up of rail travel with the provision of better public access features.
This was the biggest upgrade of South East Queensland’s train stations undertaken since services began in the 1860s. With high demand on its own people to complete the complex project, a larger, more flexible resource pool was required to meet the delivery demands and risks.
Queensland Rail identified the need to partner with highly qualified and experienced, private-sector project management service providers, and chose Ranbury. We have a deep understanding of Queensland Rail’s business and operational drivers, forged throughout a 20 year relationship.
Our Managed Services model provided customised and embedded project management personnel tailored to comply with Queensland Rail’s requirements, internal systems and culture.
Our Managed Services model provided embedded project management personnel tailored to comply with Queensland Rail’s requirements, internal systems and culture.
Our team assisted Queensland Rail deliver a number of sub-programs, including:
- DDA – infrastructure upgrade to address compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act
- Intermodal – provision of new and upgrading of existing bus interchange facilities, taxi ranks, Kiss ‘n’ Ride set-down areas, car parks and bicycle storage facilities
- Station enhancement – progressive upgrading of stations to meet community expectations of a modern and safe transport facility
- Platform raising program – safety initiative to remove / mitigate ‘gap’ between relative levels of the platform and train
- Fare gate infrastructure program
- Restoration works at heritage listed stations
- Other – signage, CCTV and security systems upgrades, platform furniture modernisation, platform resurfacing
Ranbury’s Services have enabled Queensland Rail to meet their ambitious objectives, deploying project management staff to form part of the client’s integrated team over a 3 year period.
Most recently, Ranbury’s Project and Contract Managers have led the delivery of facility upgrades at Sandgate, Narangba, Park Road, Alderley, Toowong, Beenleigh, South Brisbane, and Central Stations.